This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Have you fallen a little off track recently? Are you experiencing a lack of focus and productivity? Do you have goals, but aren’t sure how to get started? All of this and more can be improved when you do a life reset.
In life, we all experience moments that can make us feel stuck, overwhelmed, and unable to move forward. Whether it is personal or professional issues, these moments can be incredibly difficult to face and can leave us feeling like we have no control over our situation.
But there is always hope. A fresh start is within reach if you are willing to take the necessary steps to reset your life and start over.
Life resets come in many forms and can be done year-round, but when it comes to the big changes in your life, doing them every 3 months, or seasonally, can be really beneficial.
As opposed to a weekly or monthly reset, the seasonal 90-day resets are more for setting goals, setting new intentions in your life, going through some big cleaning, organizing tasks, and changing your routines for the next 3 months.
Definition of “Resetting Your Life”
Resetting your life is the process of making changes to your life that will have a positive effect on your overall well-being and success. This could include making changes to your habits, creating new goals, making changes to your environment, or taking a break from certain parts of your life. The aim is to start fresh and create a better version of yourself and your life.
Benefits of Resetting Your Life
Resetting your life can bring a number of benefits, including improved mental and physical health, greater clarity and focus, and a renewed sense of purpose and direction. Resetting can also help you to re-evaluate your priorities, break old habits and create positive new ones, and create balance in your life. It can also help you to set achievable goals and make meaningful progress towards them.
Resetting also helps you to reconnect with yourself, become aware of your own needs, and to redirect your energy and resources toward fulfilling them. Overall, resetting your life can help you to become more productive, mindful, and content with your life.
So, if you are ready to hit the reset button and make a fresh start, here are some steps to help you get started.
Step 1: Evaluate Your Current Situation
Reflect on Your Life Path The first step to resetting your life is to identify what it is you want to change. Take some time to reflect on the areas in your life that you’d like to work on and make a list of goals that you’d like to achieve.
Where are you heading in life? What are your main priorities and primary goals? What has been going right or wrong recently? Be open and honest with yourself by journaling how your life is going, and what would really help in the next 3 months to change your life.
Identifying areas for personal improvement involves taking a step back and reflecting on your current skills and strengths, as well as areas where you may need more work. To do this, it is important to assess yourself objectively and honestly. Consider making a list of strengths and weaknesses, then break down each major area and determine where you could benefit from improvement.
You can also set goals to help keep track of your progress. Additionally, you can seek feedback from mentors or trusted colleagues to gain a better understanding of areas where you could improve. Finally, take the time to review your goals and progress regularly to ensure that your efforts are paying off.
Step 2: Set S.M.A.R.T Goals
Identifying short-term and long-term goals is an important step in setting yourself up for success. Short–term goals are objectives that can be achieved in less than one year, while long–term goals require more time and effort and may take several years to accomplish. When setting goals, it is important to consider both short–term and long–term objectives.
Short–term goals should be S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time–bound), while long–term goals should be more challenging and help to achieve your ultimate life goals. Additionally, writing down your goals and tracking your progress can help keep you motivated and on track to achieving them.
Always be realistic with your goals, choosing ones that are attainable and that are in alignment with what you want most out of life. Think about what would make you happy or help move your life in a positive direction.
Prioritizing and developing a plan of action involves setting realistic goals and objectives, breaking down tasks into manageable parts, and organizing them in order of importance. It is important to identify the most important tasks that need to be completed first and to create a timeline that is realistic. This will help you stay on track and avoid getting overwhelmed by the process.
Additionally, it is important to consider any external factors that may affect the timeline, such as deadlines or financial considerations. Once the tasks have been prioritized and a timeline has been established, it is important to create a detailed plan of action that outlines the necessary steps to be taken in order to complete each task.
Finally, it is important to monitor progress and make necessary adjustments. Perhaps, establishing 90-Day Intentions could help to ensure that the plan is completed on time and to a high quality.
Step 3: Make Business Changes
Start Small and Build on Your Successes
As solopreneurs, one of the best pieces of advice we can give is to start small and build on your successes. While it may seem like a daunting prospect to start a business from scratch, taking small steps allows you to measure your progress over time and allows you to pivot and adjust to any changes in the market.
The first step is to identify your goals and develop a plan to achieve them. Think about what you want to accomplish. Do you want to create a product, offer a service, or both? What is the market that you are targeting? What do you need to do to get started? Are there any existing businesses that you can model your venture after? Answering these questions will help you create a roadmap for your business.
Once you have a plan in place, the next step is to start small. You do not need to invest a lot of money upfront. Focus on the basics: build a website, a logo, and a social media presence. These are the foundations of any successful business, and they do not need to be expensive. As you start to gain traction, you can start to build on your successes. Start by creating a list of potential customers and reach out to them.
Use Resources and Develop A Support System
Solopreneurs often face difficult decisions and struggles while trying to build their businesses. It is easy to get overwhelmed and feel alone in the process. But it is important to remember that there are resources and support systems available to help us through the process.
The first step is to identify the resources and support systems available to you. This could be anything from business coaches and mentors to online resources and communities. For example, if you are a budding entrepreneur, you might benefit from joining a business forum or networking group. This will give you access to business advice and support from other entrepreneurs who have been in your shoes.
Additionally, there are plenty of online resources available to help you research and understand the business you are trying to start. Once you have identified the resources available to you, the next step is to develop a support system. This could include people in your life who can offer advice, encouragement, and accountability.
It is important to build relationships with people who understand your struggles and can provide emotional and practical support. You may also want to consider forming a mastermind group, which is a group of like-minded entrepreneurs who come together to support and motivate each other.
Step 4: Declutter, Clean, and Organize
With a 90-day reset, it is a good idea to go through some of your cleaning and organizing tasks that either take more time, or you simply do not get to as often. Think of some of the bigger cleaning tasks by decluttering your closets, cleaning the windows, and cleaning out your garage.
Do not forget to celebrate your accomplishments! Decluttering, cleaning, and organizing your home can be overwhelming and intimidating. But, with a little bit of planning and effort, you can create a comfortable and inviting home that you will be proud of.
Here are some easy steps to help you get started:
1. Start Small: Do not try to tackle the entire house all at once. Start with one room, or even one corner of a room, and work from there. Starting small will help you stay motivated and prevent you from getting overwhelmed.
2. Sort Items into Categories: Begin by sorting items into categories such as “keep”, “toss”, “donate”, and “sell”. This will help you decide what needs to stay and what can go.
3. Clean as You Go: As you sort and declutter, take the time to clean each item before deciding what to do with it. Wipe down surfaces, vacuum carpets, and dust shelves.
4. Store Items Strategically: Start by assessing the items you need to store, including the items’ size, shape, and weight. Then consider the layout of the storage space and the items’ accessibility needs. Utilize vertical storage by stacking items on shelves or in drawers.
Place the items you use the most in easy-to-reach areas. Group similar items together to make finding them easier. Make use of drawers, baskets, and bins to keep items dust-free and organized. Incorporate labels to help you identify the contents of each storage space. Lastly, store items in clear containers so you can easily view them.
By following these steps, you can store items strategically and make the best use of your storage space.
Step 5: Create New Habits for the Next Season
The changing of the seasons can be the perfect time to create new habits for yourself. Whether it is a new fitness routine, a new hobby, or a new way of thinking, new habits can help you make the most out of the new season.
Here are some tips for creating new habits that will stick throughout the season.
1. Start small. Too often we set ourselves up for failure by trying to take on too much at once. Think of one habit you would like to start and focus on that. Once you have made that habit a regular part of your routine, you can move on to the next one.
2. Make it achievable. Do not set yourself up for failure by setting unrealistic goals. Break your habit down into smaller, achievable steps. This will make it much easier to stay on track and build the habit over time.
3. Track your progress. Keeping a journal or writing down your progress can help you stay motivated and on track. Writing down your successes and challenges can also give you insight into what works best for you and what does not.
4. Reward yourself. Setting rewards for yourself is a great way to stay motivated and build new habits.
Employ a 90-Day Challenge
Yes, now is a great time to create some new habits for the next 3 months. You can consider this a 90-day challenge where you commit to doing at least one thing for the next season. What is a habit you have been wanting to incorporate into your life, but haven’t yet committed to?
Choose just one lifestyle habit and commit to doing it every day for 90 days. This can help tremendously with resetting your life and routine every 3 months.
Step 6: Take Care of Yourself
Taking care of yourself is essential for overall well-being. It involves making sure that you are physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy. This can seem daunting, but there are many simple ways to incorporate care into your daily life.
Start by getting enough sleep. Getting adequate sleep is important for your physical and mental health. Make sure that you are getting around 7-9 hours of sleep every night. If you find it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep, try to establish a consistent sleep routine.
Avoid looking at screens or drinking caffeinated beverages close to bedtime. Next, focus on your diet. Eating a balanced diet will ensure that you are getting the right nutrients and fuel your body needs. Include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Additionally, make sure that you are drinking enough water and limiting processed foods and sugary drinks.
Another important aspect of self-care is engaging in physical activity. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. This can be anything from going for a walk to playing a sport. Exercise is great for releasing endorphins and improving your overall mood.
Let’s dive a little deeper…
Get Plenty of Sleep
Sleep is essential for overall health and well-being. Getting enough quality sleep on a regular basis can help improve concentration and productivity, reduce stress, boost your mood, and even give you more energy during the day. It can also help you maintain a healthy weight, improve your physical health, and even reduce the risk of certain diseases. Unfortunately, many of us struggle to get enough sleep on a regular basis, so become intentional about changing this.
Eat Healthy, Nutritious Food
As we all know, eating healthy and nutritious food is essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy can help improve your overall health, reduce your risk of chronic diseases, and provide the necessary vitamins and minerals your body needs to function.
But, with so many unhealthy options out there, it can be difficult to stick to a healthy diet. To help you get started, here are some tips to help you eat healthy and nutritious food.
1. Eat a Variety of Foods: Eating a variety of healthy foods is important for providing your body with the nutrients it needs for optimal health. Aim to fill your plate with a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
2. Avoid Processed Foods: Processed foods are often high in sodium, unhealthy fats, added sugars, and other additives. These foods can also be low in essential nutrients, like fiber and vitamins. Therefore, try to avoid processed foods as much as possible and focus on eating whole, nutrient-rich foods.
3. Focus on Whole Foods: Whole foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats, are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Eating these foods can help you meet your nutrient needs while avoiding unhealthy additives.
Exercising regularly is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It can help keep you physically fit, reduce stress, and improve your overall mood. However, it can be hard to make time for regular exercise, especially if you have a busy schedule.
Here are some tips to help you make exercise a regular part of your life.
- Set realistic goals. Think about what kind of exercise you want to do and what level of intensity you can handle. Set realistic goals for yourself so that you do not become overwhelmed and give up.
- Schedule your exercise. Set aside a specific time to exercise each day or on certain days of the week. Treat your workout like an appointment that you cannot miss.
- Find an activity that you enjoy. Exercising does not have to be boring or tedious. Find something that you enjoy doing, such as swimming, running, or playing a sport.
- Make it a habit. Try to keep your workout routine as consistent as possible. Make it part of your daily routine and you will be more likely to stick with it.
- Find a workout buddy. Having someone to exercise with can be a great way to stay motivated and reach your fitness goals.
Step 7: Journal for Gratitude & Personal Growth
Gratitude journals are a great way to reflect and appreciate the positive aspects of life. Not just your goals and what plans you have for the next 3 months, but what you are currently going through, what you are grateful for, and any personal growth plans you have.
Here are a few tips on how to start a gratitude journal and make it a part of your daily routine:
1. Commit to a regular journaling time: Establishing a daily or weekly journaling time helps make it a habit. Choose a time that works for you and make it a priority.
2. Be specific: When writing in your journal, focus on specifics. Think about the people, moments, and experiences that you are grateful for and why. For example, instead of just writing “I am thankful for my friends,” try writing “I am so thankful for my friends who always make me laugh and lift me up when I am down.”
3. Reflect: Use your journal as a place to reflect on your experiences, thoughts, and emotions. Ask yourself questions such as “What did I learn today?,” “What am I grateful for?”, and “What can I do differently tomorrow?” Writing down your reflections can help you gain clarity and insight into your thoughts.
Starting and ending your resets with journaling provides you with both reflection and clarity.
Step 8: Remain Positive
Stay Motivated & Focused
We all experience periods of feeling unmotivated and unfocused. Whether it is due to personal issues, work or school pressures, or simply a lack of enthusiasm in general, it can be difficult to stay motivated and focused. Fortunately, there are some simple strategies that can help you get back on track.
First, set small, achievable goals. Break down any big project into manageable chunks and focus on completing one task at a time. This will help to reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed and will help you to stay motivated and focused on what needs to be done.
Second, reward yourself for each task completed. This could be something as simple as taking a break or treating yourself to a small snack. Rewarding yourself for completing tasks will help you stay motivated and will make it easier to stay focused.
Third, create a routine. Establish a daily routine and stick to it. Having a plan will help keep you on track and make it easier to stay motivated and focused.
Fourth, eliminate distractions. Turn off your phone, close your email, and reduce other distractions that could take away from your focus. This will help you stay focused and motivated on the task at hand.
Celebrate Successes & Learn From Mistakes
We all make mistakes, that’s part of life and it is important to learn from them. But it is also important to celebrate successes and recognize our accomplishments. Celebrating successes and learning from mistakes can help us stay motivated and on track to achieving our goals.
Here are some tips for how to do both.
1. Acknowledge your successes: Celebrating successes is an essential part of staying motivated. Acknowledge your successes, big or small, and take the time to appreciate them. Mark them in your calendar, create a success board, or make a list of things you have achieved. This will help you remember the good times and stay motivated.
2. Reflect on your mistakes: It’s important to reflect on our mistakes and learn from them. Think about what went wrong, why it went wrong, and what you can do differently next time. This will help you develop better strategies and prevent you from making the same mistake again.
3. Celebrate your successes with others: Celebrating successes with others is a great way to stay motivated and build relationships. Share your successes with your family, friends, colleagues, or mentors. This will make your successes more meaningful and help you
Step 9: Reset Your Self-Care Routine
When you begin looking into life resets, you will notice that they take on many forms. There are resets depending on how often you want to do them, such as weekly, monthly, or seasonally. You can also choose to reset different areas of your life, such as your home, work environment, and even social life or mental health.
What we want to discuss in detail today is a self-care reset, where you look at your self-care habits, reassess them, and then set new self-care goals. It not only allows you to create a self-care routine that works better for you but also to decide what self-care habits are the most important to you currently.
Review Your Current Self-Care Routine
Before you can do anything else, you need to know where your self-care is right now or has been lately. If you are doing a self-care reset, it most likely means you have been falling behind, or simply want to make some changes. Write down where your self-care is at, including details on how often you do things just for yourself, what self-care you have been doing, and what you need to work on.
Reflect on What Self-Care Means to You
It is also a good idea to take a few minutes to think about and write down what self-care means to you. It can be objective in a sense because one person’s self-care is another person’s unhelpful habit. It should always be personalized to you and what you personally feel would help the best in your own life.
Just because your friends love doing masks and going to get a massage for their self-care, does not mean that is what you personally would choose. Think about what you do when you have no schedule and no responsibilities. When you have time just to yourself, what do you enjoy the most? That is how you figure out what self-care means to you.
List Self-Care Activities You Are Interested in
Before you begin creating a new self-care routine, get clear on some activities you would like to do for yourself. Remember self-care is not about forcing yourself to do something you don’t want to do, but rather giving yourself time to do something for just you and nobody else.
Start making a list of any and every self-care activity that you would really enjoy or have a positive impact in your life in some way. This can include activities you do not make time for or pampering you don’t often do for yourself. Include simple things like baking, going for a walk, or spending more time with friends or pets.
Choose Self-Care from Each of the Main Categories
It can also help to think about the different areas of self-care in your life, to add activities to each category. There are different pillars of self-care, such as:
Physical – Activities like exercise, skincare, and baths help with your physical state.
Emotional – Self-care that nurtures your feelings and emotions.
Mental – Choose self-care activities that help to reduce stress, anxiety, and improve your mental state.
Social – Do not forget self-care can include your friends and loved ones!
Environmental – This includes anything you do for fun, like hobbies, creative activities, and anything else you enjoy.
Create a New Self-Care Routine
Now you can create a new self-care routine based on this self-care reset. Use all the information you got from journaling and creating your lists, and decide on an outline for adding these tasks into your life. Remember you do not have to do them all, and you can place them out in your schedule in whatever way fits your lifestyle the best.
Get Ready to Reset Your Life
We have discovered that resetting your life and starting over can be a daunting task but it can be achieved with a positive attitude, a clear plan, and determination. It is important to take the time to reflect on your life, identify areas that need to be addressed, and plan for the future.
You cannot successfully reset your life by yourself. However, if you would leverage a partnership with God, He will enable you if you will let Him. Are you frustrated with life? Want to give up & start over? Can’t find life’s reset button?
See how by clicking below….
Remember to consider setting new 90–day intentions as an important part of goal setting. It is a way to focus on what you want to achieve in a shorter time frame and to stay motivated and productive. To begin, identify the goals you want to achieve in the next 90 days. Then, break these goals down into smaller, more manageable steps.
Create an action plan with specific tasks and deadlines that will help you reach your goals. Finally, review your progress regularly, and adjust your plan as needed. By setting new 90–day intentions, you can stay organized, motivated, and on track to reach your goals.
Lastly, make sure to take care of yourself, be patient, and reach out for help if needed. With the right mindset and strategies, resetting your life and starting over can be an exciting and rewarding experience that leads to a brighter future.